Trial for evidence management and tracker
- Go to www.theingots.org
- Login to the Learning Site on the right with username applestephenson, password, tamworth1
- You will come to My Pages. (This is fictitious student account)
- Click in the Evidence tab
- Click Provide new evidence
- Give your evidence a title
- Provide evidence in a web page using the editor, including links to other work eg in YouTube, School VLE, your own web site, dropbox etc.
- Attach files if the evidence is eg a digital photo of a diagram, handwritten content, powerpoint etc.
- Add the criteria you think your evidence supports.
- Click Save
- Self assess against the criteria.
N is no evidence
L I have some evidence but not yet fully secure
S I am secure in this field
H I'm operating beyond the requirements of the criteria.
- Optionally add a comment
- Submit for assessment
You have now acted as a student submitting their work.
Now log out and log in as Susan English Apple Stephenson's teacher.
- Username Susan English, password tamworth1
- select group Year 7 Eng, this is Apple's group
- click the pending evidence tab
- see the evidence apple just submitted at the end of the list
- click on it and review the evidence
- click the approved button if you agree that the evidence supports the criterion or adjust the self-assessed mark and approve.
- Add a comment and reply to the student comment if necessary.
- Click return to a learner (Once the criterion is secure use assessment completed to finalise)
- (You can click the My Groups tab and then Year 7 ENG and TLM next to Apple Stephenson's name. Select the Trial Unit 1 and you can then set the progress towars secure as a percentage under the L label. This is optional. With the accredited qualifications all we need is S or H moderated for coursework assessment.)
- Now log out and log back in as applestephenson.
- Click the evidence tab and see the returned work under evidence to be submitted.
- Student reviews work and comments and makes amendments then resubmits. Keep going until work is finalised.
- Log out.
You can also set up reporting and sharing eg with parents, employers etc. Once approved certificates can be printed and authenticated directly from the web site.